BLOOD SUGAR & DIABETES MANAGEMENT
Healthy eating is a cornerstone of healthy living — with or without diabetes. But if you have diabetes or insulin resistance, you need to know how foods affect your blood sugar levels. It's not only the type of food you eat but also how much you eat and the combinations of food types you eat. Many lifestyle factors such as a sedentary lifestyle increase risk factors for diabetes.
Diabetes and insulin resistance can be managed and corrected through modifications to diet and exercise. The goal of our diabetes management program is effective control of blood glucose, blood pressure and lipids, to minimize the risk of long-term consequences associated with diabetes.
-Carbohydrate metabolism and portion sizes.
- Understanding your blood sugar readings
- Making well-balanced meal choices
- Coordinating meals and medications
- Following a supervised exercise plan
- How losing weight can reduce your risk of complications from diabetes