Need a quick dinner recipe for tonight?
Italian Turkey Marinara with Squash Pasta 🍝
This recipe checks all the boxes!
Low Carb ✅
Whole Foods ✅
High Fiber ✅
3 Italian turkey sausages
1 large butternut squash
1 medium zucchini (chopped)
3 garlic cloves (minced)
2 cups spinach
2 cups of puréed tomatoes (tomato sauce)
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1/2 tbsp oregano
1/2 tbsp basil
1/4 tsp ground sea salt
1 tsp olive oil
1. Peel butternut squash and use a spiralizer to create noodles. Rinse them and set aside.
2. Pull turkey out of the sausage casing and place in frying pat lightly coated with oil. Begin to sauté the ground turkey on medium heat. When it is 75% cooked, add garlic and zucchini.
3. Once turkey is cooked through, pour in tomato purée and add the spices (garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, basil, and sea salt). Add spinach and simmer on low while you begin to sauté the butternut squash noodles in a separate pan.
4. Once noodles are cooked. Place on plate and top with the turkey marinara sauce.
5. Voila! Enjoy and easy low carb pasta dinner! 🍝